Prawn Pancetta Pasta
This is an easy way to impress any dinner guest. It only takes about 10 minutes, but it looks and tastes a lot fancier than your typical at home pasta dinner!
If you have extra left over, pack away for a work lunch!
- Pasta for two (1/2 pound)
- 1/2 pound prawns
- 4 oz diced pancetta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 dash of olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- Pecorino cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry prawns in 1 tablespoon butter. Make sure to get a nice brown color on both sides.
- Fry pancetta in a different pan, adding the tomatoes towards the end. The goal is to get crispy pancetta with nice grilled tomatoes that are on the verge of popping.
- Bring a pot of water with salt to a boil. Add the pasta, stirring so it doesn't stick. Since I use fresh pasta (soft, not hard), it only takes 1-2 minutes to cook.
- Fry garlic in 1 tablespoon garlic (preferably in the pancetta pan). Combine drained pasta with all of the ingredients. Cook for 1-2 minutes. TIP: Stir in an egg yolk and a dash of olive oil for extra creaminess.
- Add salt, pepper, and grated Pecorino cheese to taste.