Easy Asian-Inspired Food Delivery: Meet Bento
I just tried Bento, the new lunch and dinner delivery service that's doing things a little differently than the competition. Instead of simply delivering a restaurant's food, Bento let's you create your own bento box with main and side dishes made that day. It's also virtually the only asian-inspired made-to-order delivery service.
I made mine with pulled pork (duh), two fried pork belly sides (double duh), grilled zucchini, and salmon nigiri. It exceeded my expectations. I was a little skeptical because the food doesn't come from a restaurant, but their site has a photo of it and a smiling chef, so I'm satisfied.
Use the code EATSF for $5 off your first order! It's worth a try.
- Mine was $18 after tax, more than some people want to spend on an at-home dinner
- Can't pre-order
- Only delivers to FiDi & SOMA for lunch (everywhere in SF for dinner)
- Lack of BBQ sauce on my pulled pork (but I'm a bbq sauce addict... soo)
- Delivered immediately
- Free delivery
- Delicious food
- Array of choices (from brussels sprouts to sushi)
- Filling – definitely enough food
- Sourced responsibly
- no MSG
- Drivers are employees
This post was created in collaboration with Bento. Everything in this article is written from my unique point of view and reflects my true opinions.